Apple’s iOS 17 is the upcoming version of the company’s mobile operating system, and it’s expected to bring a host of new features and improvements to iPhones. iOS 17 beta is already available for developers,but when it is going to release officially for all users?
We will cover everything you need to know about iOS 17, including its release date, features, and device compatibility.
iOS 17 Release Date
Apple announced iOS 17 at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 5, 2023. The developer beta was released on the same day, while the public beta is expected to be available in July 2023. The stable version of iOS 17 is expected to be released in mid-September 2023, around the time that new iPhones launch.
iOS 17 is expected to introduce several new features and improvements to iPhones. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- Journal app: A new app for journaling with the help of an AI assistant.
- Contact Poster: A feature that allows you to call people with your Contact Poster.
- Live Voicemail: A feature that lets you see a voicemail transcript as it’s happening.
- Standby mode: A feature that allows you to put your iPhone in a low-power mode when you’re not using it.
- Adaptive Audio: A new listening mode for the second-generation AirPods Pro.
- Personalized Contact Posters: A feature that allows you to customize your contact posters.
- Video voicemail and Reactions on FaceTime: A feature that lets FaceTime users video voicemail and react to calls.
- Better location sharing in iMessage: An improvement to location sharing in iMessage.
- Accessibility features: iOS 17 introduces plenty of accessibility features, such as Personal Voice, which replicates your voice after a 15-minute training session.
- Memoji stickers: Three new Memoji stickers for iOS 17 users.
- Fitness app improvements: A redesigned Sharing tab and new, personalized workout plans for Plus subscribers.
- Lock Screen Mode: A revamped lock screen mode that displays more information beyond notifications and time.
iOS 17 Compatibility
iOS 17 will be compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
Note that iOS 17 will end software support for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
iOS 17 Beta
If you’re interested in trying out iOS 17 before the official release, you can download the beta version. However, keep in mind that beta versions are not stable and may contain bugs and issues. Here’s how to download the iOS 17 beta:
- Open Safari on your iPhone and visit developer.apple.com.
- Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “Account.”
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap “Downloads” from the menu.
- Tap “Install Profile” next to the iOS 17 beta.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the beta.
- Go to beta.apple.com on your iPhone.
- Tap “Sign up” and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Tap “Download profile” and follow the on-screen instructions to install the beta.
iOS 17 is expected to bring several new features and improvements to iPhones, including a new Journal app, Contact Poster, Live Voicemail, Standby mode, and more. The developer beta is already available, while the public beta is expected to be released in July 2023. The stable version of iOS 17 is expected to be released in mid-September 2023, around the time that new iPhones launch. If you’re interested in trying out the beta version, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and keep in mind that beta versions are not stable.