iOS 17 has been launched at the WWDC event, and we are on a spree to cover all the new features and improvements that Apple has brought through this update. And now it’s time for us to talk about NameDrop feature. It has new features, so many of you might now be aware of it. So in this article, I will be sharing with you all the detail regarding the NameDrop feature in iOS 17. Let’s get started!
What is NameDrop in iOS 17?
NameDrop is an exciting feature that is integrated into the AirDrop on iOS 17. It is specially designed in a way that users can easily exchange their contact information with anyone with an iOS device. When you use AirDrop, there can be a bit of confusion in selecting specific contact from the list as nowadays everyone has their AirDrop enabled. NameDrop is going to eliminate that confusion. By simply bringing two iPhones close together, users can swiftly exchange contact information without the need for manual input or searching through a list of nearby devices.
One notable aspect of NameDrop is the introduction of personalized contact posters. These posters allow users to create an image that incorporates their face or Memoji, along with their name in a mix of attractive fonts and colours. These posters become a part of the user’s contact card and are displayed on the recipient’s iPhone whenever they receive a call from the user. It adds a touch of personalization and enhances the visual appeal of contact information.
NameDrop feature is only compatible with iOS devices, so if you want to use NameDrop feature with Android devices, then it is simply not possible.
How to Use NameDrop to Exchange Contacts on iPhone?
- On both of the iOS devices, open the control centre by swiping down from the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap and hold on to the network blog until it expands.
- Click on the AirDrop icon.
- Choose the option everyone for 10 minutes.
- After that, you have been to bring your iOS devices closer to each other.
- Once you touch your iOS devices, an animation with appear on your screens.
- If you have created a contactless poster then it will appear on the screen.
- If you want to share your contact details, click on the Share option and the other person would choose Receive Only to get your information or share if he wants to share his contact details too.
- If you only want to receive the contact details but don’t want to share yours, tap the Receive Only button.
- Once you do so, your information will be shared.
- Tap on Done to save the received information.
- You will even get the option to edit the received contact.
When will NameDrop feature release?
it will be introduced with the release of iOS 17, which is expected to roll out to the public later this year. Typically, new iOS versions coincide with the launch of the latest iPhone models, so iOS 17, along with NameDrop, is anticipated to become available alongside the iPhone 15 in the autumn.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.