We all love to save our favorite posts on Instagram. But sharing saved collections on Instagram was not easy until recently. Instagram launched a new feature called Collaborative Collection which allows you to save images in a collection and share it with your friends on Instagram. Here is how to save and share collections on Instagram using Collaborative Collection with anyone.
Note: Instagram still doesn’t allow you to share your old private saved collections. You will have to save a new Collaborative Collection to do so.
The Collaborative Collection on Instagram is available to both Android and iOS users but not desktop users. Here are the steps to make a shared (saved) Collaborative Collection on Instagram mobile.
1. Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Go to any post/reel and tap on the Save button to save it.
3. Tap on Try it.
4. Now enable Collaborative toggle and tap and choose a friend to collaborate with that person.
5. Type a name for the collection and then tap on Save.
Moving forward, any image or post that you add to that collection with be shared with all the people you have added to that saved collaborative collection on Instagram.
Alternate Way to Create Shared (Saved) Collaborative Collection
Instagram doesn’t allow you to create a Collaborative Collection directly from the Saved page. But here is one more way to create a shared (saved) Collaborative Collection. For this method, open someone’s Instagram DM and follow these simple steps.
1. Tap on the Save button next to the post/reel.
2. Now tap on Try it.
3. Type a name for the Collection.
4. Now tap on Save to save the newly created (saved) Collaborative Collection.
Also Read: How to Add Paid Partnership Label on Instagram Post, Reel, and Story.
Access (Saved) Collaborative Collection
Once you have created a shared (Saved) Collaborative Collection on your Instagram, how do you access it? Accessing a shared (saved) Collaborative Collection is an effortless process just like a normal saved collection.
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile tab.
2. Now tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines).
3. Tap on Saved. And that’s it. Here you can find all of your saved Collaborative Collections and your other private collections too.
You and your friend can add as many posts/reels in the newly created collaborative collection. Adding a post to the saved collection is an extremely easy process.
1. Open the Instagram app, scroll down to any post/reel, and tap on the Save button next to it.
2. Now tap + button next to the newly created shared collection. And the post or reel will get saved in it.
Quick Tip: 12 Ways to Fix Instagram Not Showing Messages.
Add Previously Saved Posts to Collaborative Collection
Instagram allows you to add previously saved posts or reels to the newly created collaborative collection so you can share them with your friends.
1. Go to the Saved page on your Instagram by following the above-mentioned steps.
2. Tap on the newly created Collaborative Collection in which you want to add or import previously saved posts or reels.
3. Tap on the kebab menu (three dots).
4. Tap on Add to collection.
Tip: You can also delete and rename the shared Collection from here by tapping Delete Collection and Edit Collection.
5. Select the posts or reels from your saved posts by tapping on them, then tap Done to add them to your shared Saved Collection.
There you go my friends, now you can easily save and share any post/reel with your friends on Instagram. For now, Instagram doesn’t allow you to create a new (shared) collaborative collection directly or convert a previously saved collection into a shared one. It might change in the future but till then use the above-mentioned guide to share fun stuff with your friends on Instagram. Happy sharing.
Want to mute someone on Instagram? Here is how to mute someone on Instagram – complete guide.