Many of us have joined in the fun posting reels on Instagram. These short videos have caught everyone’s attention and are wildly popular and easy to create. Once posted, watching as you grow your audience and hoping your reel goes viral can be exciting. One of the best ways to increase the views of your reel is to share it on Facebook.
Have you ever wanted to share your Instagram reel on Facebook but didn’t know how? It’s easy to do and is one of the strategies social media influencers use to increase brand awareness or share it with a bigger audience. If you want to grow your audience, sharing reels is a great way to gain more exposure. Read on to learn about sharing an Instagram reel on Facebook.
How to Share an Instagram Reel to Facebook
Sharing an Instagram reel to Facebook can be accomplished in just a few steps. But before sharing your reels, your Instagram and Facebook accounts must be connected. First, let’s cover how to do that. Follow the steps below to link your Instagram and Facebook accounts:
- Open the “Instagram” app.
- Tap your “profile” icon in the screen’s lower right-hand corner.
- Select the “hamburger” icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Tap “Account” and then either “Sharing to other apps” or “Set up accounts,” depending on which option is available to you.
- Find “Facebook,” tap on it, and log in to your Facebook account if prompted.
- Select the “Facebook” profile/page you want to share to your Instagram Reel. You may only have one if you have no other Facebook Pages or secondary profiles.
- After selecting the Facebook profile, tap the “+” icon at the bottom.
- Select “Reel” in the bottom section.
- To Record a reel, see the article “What is Instagram Reels” to learn how to record an Instagram Reel. To add a video from your phone, skip to “Step11.”
- To select a reel on your phone, tap the “+” thumbnail box in the lower left-hand corner of the “Reel” screen.
- Next, select the chosen video, then tap “Add” in the video’s upper right-hand corner.
- Tap “Next.”
- Choose “Edit video” or tap “Next” if you are ready to share.
- In the “New reel” screen that appears, turn on “Also share to Feed,” then tap “Next” in the bottom-right section.
- Tap “Share” at the bottom.
You’ve now successfully shared your Instagram Reel to Facebook!
Double the Fun by Sharing Reels
One of the best ways to gain followers and increase your social media exposure is by sharing your Instagram Reels on Facebook. You’ll raise brand awareness, and your Instagram Reel might also go viral! There’s no need to upload your reel twice – share it the first time. As this article explained, sharing reels is a quick, easy, and fun way to use social media.
Sharing Instagram Reels to Facebook FAQs
Who can see my Instagram reels on Facebook?
When you share your Instagram reel on Facebook, it’ll be shared in the reels section. Anyone over 18 with a Facebook account can see your shared Instagram reels if you have a public Instagram account. The Facebook algorithm will determine which people get to see your IG Reel.
If you have a private Instagram account, the reels you share on Facebook will only be shown to your friends on Facebook.
You can also share your reel with friends directly using Instagram’s share feature.
Can I share my Instagram reels on other social media other than Facebook?
Instagram allows for sharing reels to other social media, not just Facebook. If you want to share your Instagram reel with other social media accounts, follow the above steps. Change your Instagram settings to “Sharing to other apps” or “Set up accounts.” You’ll see a list of other social media you can link to, such as Twitter and Tumblr.
Why can’t I share my Instagram reels on Facebook?
There are a few things you can do if you encounter this problem. The easiest is to reboot your phone. Sometimes that’s all it takes. If this doesn’t solve the issue, try clearing your cache on both apps.
If you still experience problems sharing an Instagram reel on Facebook, relink Facebook to your Instagram account. You can do this in your Instagram settings in the “Accounts and Profiles” section.
Can I share a Reel on Facebook after posting it on Instagram?
Yes, you can. Open the reel on Instagram and tap the “Share” button located at the bottom of the screen. Select “Save Video,” which will save it to your phone’s photo app. Now upload the reel on Facebook.