Over the years, the way we communicate with others has changed drastically. What started with standard text messages has now changed to WhatsApp communication.
Not only do people find it more convenient, but it is efficient and hassle-free too. That said, WhatsApp also poses a lot of complications. One of the most recent of the lot is “deleted messages.”
While you know that someone has sent and deleted the message, you might think there’s no way of knowing what they accidentally or intentionally sent and deleted in the first place.
If you are in a similar boat and are utterly confused, don’t worry because we have got you. This article will walk you through a few different ways you can see and retrieve deleted messages on your iPhone on your WhatsApp.
Methods To See Deleted Messages on iPhone in WhatsApp
1. Using WhatsApp Backup
Sometimes, there are issues like software errors, bugs, etc., which might temporarily wipe out your WhatsApp conversations.
In that case, your only way out of the situation is to use WhatsApp backup. You do need to have this particular feature enabled to be able to make the most out of the functionalities.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open WhatsApp
- Follow Settings > Chats > Chat Backup
- If the option is enabled, you are good to go. If not, enable it.
- Next, you need to uninstall and then reinstall your WhatsApp
- Launch the downloaded app and set up your account
During the set-up, it will ask whether you want to restore your chats and data via WhatsApp backup. Select the “Restore” option and your deleted messages on WhatsApp should be restored to normal.
2. Using iCloud Backup
If the first option isn’t working in your favor, the next option in the lot is to use iCloud backup. However, for this, you should have your iCloud backup for WhatsApp enabled.
Next, you have to follow the steps mentioned:
- Open your iPhone Settings
- Go to General
- Select Reset
- Click on “Erase All Content and Settings”
Once the restart and reset of your iPhone are done, you will be redirected to a message where it asks whether or not you want to restore all your data from iCloud backup. Select “Restore from iCloud backup” and you should be good to go.
3. Using iTunes backup
There are iOS users who have their data backup in their iTunes. If you are one of them, then this particular trick is for you.
- Start by resetting your iPhone as we explained in the previous tip with iCloud.
- Next, set up your iPhone until you reach the Apps and Data section.
- From there, select “Restore from PC or Mac.”
- On your PC or Mac, open the iTunes app
- Simultaneously, connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac you are using.
- Next, click on the iPhone icon at the top of the screen.
- Navigate to the left side and find Summary.
- Click on “Restore backup” from the list there.
Next, you have to choose the messages on WhatsApp you wish to back up. That’s pretty much it.
Is it Possible to Retrieve Deleted Messages on WhatsApp on iPhone without Backup?
Although there are a handful of tools and software, which claim that they can help in retrieving the data without backup on your iPhone, that’s not the case at all.
It is not just misleading but very phony too. There are no tools available right now that can help you recover the deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone without having a manual backup on either iTunes or iCloud or WhatsApp backup.
Restoring deleted messages on WhatsApp is not as direct as you think. We hope these tips and techniques help you navigate through the complications and help you figure out ways to restore the deleted messages without any hassle at all.