Have you heard of Miracast? It is something that is used to share screen from your smartphones to tv without any hassle. Not just smartphones but it allows tablets, and laptops as well to wirelessly mirror their screens onto monitors, TVs, and projectors. It’s a little tough to get hold of Miracast when you have an iOS device. Not all applications are supported in iOS devices, specially when it is a third party application. So in this article we are gonna explore the installation process of how to miracast iPhone to Android tv if it is possible. Let’s get started!
What is Miracast?
Miracast is a screen mirroring app that enables devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops to mirror their screen on receiving devices like monitors, TVs, and projectors. Miracast devices make use of a Wi-Fi connection to deliver audio and video content from one device to another. Miracast can only mirror the screen of one device onto another, it essentially acts as a wireless HDMI cable.
Does iOS device support Miracast?
Miracast is not officially supported on iPhones or iPads. iPhones use Apple’s AirPlay feature for screen mirroring, which allows them to stream audio, video, and photos to compatible Apple devices such as Apple TV. However, some third-party apps such as Miracastdoes not allow screen mirroring from an iPhone device, asit is not supported by Apple.
What devices are compatible with Miracast?
- Windows 10/11 devices
- Android smartphones and tablets (most of them)
- Smart TVs
How to mirror your iPhone screen to Android tv?
No worries if Miracast is not compatible with iOS devices. There are other simpler ways that can be used to mirror your iPhone screen to Android TV.
Method 1: Using Airplay:
If your Android TV supports the Apple AirPlay feature, you can use it to stream videos from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac screens to your Android TV.
- Connect both your iPhone and your TV device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the screen mirroring button on your iPhone.
- Select your Android TV from the list.
- You may be prompted to enter the screen mirroring code for the first time, you can just enter the passcode from your TV.
Method 2: Using HDMI Cable:
If your tv is not supporting airplay then I have got a better option for you. Just use an HDMI Cable.
- Plug an adapter into your iPhone’s charging port. You’ll need this to connect your iPhone to the HDMI cable.
- Connect your adapter to the HDMI cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the Android TV.
Once you have connected your iPhone to the Android TV using an HDMI cable, you can mirror your iPhone screen to the TV by following these steps:
- Ensure that your iPhone, Android TV, or any AirPlay-compatible smart TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Control Center on your iPhone and tap Screen Mirroring.
- Select your TV from the list of available devices.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on the TV, enter the passcode on your iPhone.
- To stop screen mirroring from your iPhone to TV, just tap Stop Mirroring at the top of your screen or head to Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, and tap Stop Mirroring
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.