If you log into your Instagram account on multiple devices without keeping track of them, it could potentially put your personal information at risk, especially if it’s your friend’s device or public computer. Therefore, knowing how to sign out of Instagram on all devices is crucial and in this guide, we will exactly show you how to accomplish that.
Log Out of Instagram on All Devices From Mobile
Whether you’re an iPhone user or an Android, it doesn’t matter. The steps to log out of your Instagram account from all the devices are in the same fashion. Here’s a step-by-step process:
2. Tap on the Hamburger Menu in the top right corner and select the Settings and privacy option.
3. Now go to Accounts Centre > Password and security.
4. Under the Security checks section, select the Where you’re logged in option and then choose your Instagram account.
On the next screen, you will see a list of all the devices where your Instagram account is signed in. From here, you can either log out of your Instagram account on each device individually or all at once.
5. To log out of your Instagram account from an individual device, simply tap on the device name and hit the Log out button.
6. On the other hand, if you want to sign out of Instagram on all devices at once, tap on Select devices to log out and then tap on Select all.
After that, hit the Log out button. Once the confirmation pop-up appears, hit the LOG OUT again and this will log out your Instagram account from all devices.
Log Out of Instagram on All Devices From Desktop
If you don’t have access to your smartphone, you can also sign out of your Instagram account on all devices from your Windows, Chromebook, Mac, and Linux computer. Here’s a complete process:
1. Open the Instagram website on your PC using any web browser and login if you haven’t already.
2. Click on the More (3 parallel lines) option located in the bottom left corner and select Settings.
3. Now go to the Account Center by clicking on the See more in Accounts Center link.
4. From there, go to the Password and security section and select Where you’re logged in option.
5. Choose your Instagram account and all your logins on other devices will be displayed.
And just like its mobile counterpart, you can sign out your Instagram account on each device individually or all at once.
6. To log out from an individual device, just select the device and tap the Log out button.
7. Whereas to log out of Instagram on all other devices, choose the Select devices to log out option, and then click Select all.
8. After that, click the Log out button, and then confirm your decision by clicking it again.
That’s it. Your Instagram account will be signed out from all devices.
Secure Instagram Account After Logging Out of All Devices
Modern-day smartphones, apps, and browsers have the ability to save your login credential while signing in to any account. Also, if you’ve shared your Instagram password with your friend, SO, or family, they can easily sign in to your Instagram account on their device. So we would highly recommend you change your Instagram password to avoid unforeseen circumstances or risks. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and go to your Profile Page.
2. Next, tap on the Hamburger Menu and choose the Settings and privacy option.
3. Open the Accounts Center and then go to the Password and security section.
4. Next, tap on the Change password option and select your Instagram account.
5. Now all you need to do is enter the Current and New Password. After completing the process, simply hit the Change Password button to change your Instagram password.
Note: This action will also sign you out of your Instagram account on all other devices.
1. What to do if you can’t log out of Instagram from all devices?
We have already shown you two ways to sign out of Instagram from all devices. However, if for some reason you can’t log out of your account, you can simply change the password of your Instagram account. By doing this, your Instagram account will instantly be logged out of all other devices.
2. Does logging out of Instagram on all devices automatically log me out of Threads as well?
Yes, since your Threads account is linked to your Instagram account, it will also sign you out of Threads.
Tip: Learn the meaning and functionality of each symbol and icon on Threads.
Sign Out of Instagram Account From Every Device
Many users often forget to log out of their Instagram accounts after signing in. Sometimes even we forget to log out of our Instagram account after testing it on multiple devices in the office. We hope the above guide was easy to grasp and helps you log out of your Instagram account on all devices to avoid unauthorized access and leakage of your data.