By now all of you must be familiar with the live activities feature. It is the most amazing feature that helps its users engage in real time events and information without even unlocking their iPhone device. Apple has truly upgraded its features with live activities. However, it is common to come across the issue where live activities not showing up in the settings app. If you ever come across this issue, then it’s okay there is no need to panic. This issue is very common, and we are here to help you solve it. Let me show you some of the fixes that will help you overcome your love activities not showing up in the settings app issue.
What is Live Activities and how does it work?
Live Activities is a feature available on iOS 16 that allows real-time notifications to appear on the Lock Screen of your iPhone. It provides constantly updated information from apps that support it, such as sports scores, news, and social media updates. Live Activities appear in the Dynamic Island of devices that support it and can be added to your iPhone lock screen. To use Live Activities, you need to enable it in the settings of the specific app you want to use it with. Live Activities are supported by many third-party apps, including social media, sports, workout, productivity, diet, and travel apps.
Why is Live Activities not showing up in Settings?
There can be many reasons why the live activities is not showing in your settings app. Some of the reasons pf live activities not showing up in the settings app are:
- You may be using the outdated version of the app. You need to upgrade your application to the latest version.
- Live activities may not be supported for that particular application.
- Your iPhone device may not be compatible with the live activities feature.
- You might be having server issues that might be preventing live activities from not showing up.
- Live Activities may be restricted to certain account types or regions. Check if your account is eligible for Live Activities and if they are available in your region.
Live Activities not showing up in Settings: How to Fix
There are many things that you can try to fix this issue. Try the fixes given below and the problem you are having will definitely be solved.
- Enable Live Activities feature: For live activities to show up with any app that supports this feature, you must enable it. Go to settings > face ID & Passcode > Live Activities > Enable. After doing this you need to enable these features specifically for every app as well.
- Update your app: Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed. You can check for updates in the app store on your device.
- Clear cache and data: Clearing the cache and data of the app can sometimes fix issues. To do this, go to your device settings, select “Apps” or “Applications Manager,” find the app in question, and select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data.”
- Check your internet connection: Live activities may not show up if you have a poor internet connection. Make sure you are connected to a strong and stable Wi-Fi or mobile data network.
- Enable Flight Mode: There might be some network issue on your iPhone. Simply enable the Airplane mode, wait for 4-5 minutes, and then disable it.
- Enable Location Services: Live activities require location services. If the location service is disabled there is a high chance that the live activities feature won’t work. So, make sure that the live location feature is enabled since it uses it for the updates of Uber, food delivery status, etc.
- Restart the app: Try closing the app completely and restarting it. This can sometimes fix temporary glitches.
- Reinstall the app: If none of the above solutions work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This can help fix any corrupted files or settings that may be causing the issue.
Try the above given fixes and I am sure that your problem will be solved. But if this issue still exists then you need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.