Are you getting a “Failed to send network request” error on Instagram?
Here’s the second part of the error, “Please try again when connection improves”.
The error message happens when you’re trying to view your message requests on Instagram.
It can also happen while you’re scrolling through your feed on the app.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Failed to send network request. Please try again when connection improves” on Instagram.
Why does Instagram fail to send a network request?
Instagram fails to send a network request because the servers are down.
Otherwise, you don’t have an active internet connection or your internet speed is too slow.
The error usually occurs when you’re trying to view your message requests on the app.
Before you attempt to fix it, you need to check if Instagram is down.
To do so, visit downdetector.com/status/instagram and check if there’s a spike in the graph.
If there’s a spike in the graph, the Instagram server’s are probably down.
Downtime typically lasts for a few hours, so you need to wait it out.
Another way to check if Instagram is down is to search for “Instagram down” on Twitter.
If it’s down, there will normally be a surge in the number of tweets saying that Instagram is down.
How to fix “Failed to send network request” on Instagram
To fix “Failed to send network request” on Instagram, try downloading an older version of Instagram.
You can also try updating the app or using the desktop version of Instagram.
If you’ve sent too many message requests, or if Instagram is down, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours for the error to be fixed.
Other troubleshooting methods include reinstalling the app, force quitting the app and reopen it, or clearing the app’s cache.
Fix 1: Download an older version of Instagram
- Delete the Instagram app.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/.
- Select “Older versions”.
- Choose an older version of the app.
- Select “Download” to download the APK.
Note: This only works for Android devices—if you’re using an iPhone, you need to try the other methods below.
Fix 2: Update the Instagram app
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Instagram”.
- Select “Update” to update the app.
- If there is no update available, you need to check back later.
Fix 3: Use the desktop version of Instagram
- Visit instagram.com on a desktop or mobile browser.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Navigate to your profile and check if your message requests are visible.
Fix 4: Other troubleshooting methods
- Wait for 24 to 48 hours: If you’ve sent too many message requests at one go, you need to wait for up to 48 hours to see your message requests.
- Switch your network: If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data (and vice-versa).
- Force quit and reopen the app: Swipe up from the middle of your screen, swipe up on Instagram to force quit it, and reopen it.
- Clear the app’s cache: For Android: Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: Delete Instagram from your home screen and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
How to Fix Instagram Reels Not Showing
How to Download an Instagram Voice Message
How to Fix GIF Comment Option Not Showing on Instagram