Threads makes it easy to create an account if you are already on Instagram. Who isn’t? However, you may want to share your profile link on marketing materials, WhatsApp, Facebook groups, or other messaging apps like Telegram. Mobile app UI makes it difficult to find and share Threads profile link easily. Fortunately, there are a few simple workarounds.
There are a few different ways to find Threads profile links, both yours and someone’s else. We will explore both below.
Find Your Threads Profile Link
There are two ways to go about this.
1. Tap on the Profile icon in the bottom bar and then select the Share profile button. This will open the share sheet. Simply tap on Copy option to copy the Threads profile link to the clipboard. You can now paste it anywhere.
2. Alternatively, you can choose one of the apps in the share sheet. For example, open WhatsApp. Now, you can search for your own name and share the profile link with yourself. Following a recent update, WhatsApp allows sending messages to oneself.
You should now see your Threads profile link and can directly copy it from the messaging app. Since you have messaged yourself, it will stay there for future reference.
Must Read: New to Threads app? Learn what all the icons and symbols mean on Threads app.
Find Someone Else’s Thread Profile Link
So how do you find the profile link of your favorite creator?
1. Go to Search tab from the bottom bar and search for the name of the creator/person/company in the search bar at the top. Tap to open the Threads profile.
2. Once the profile is open, tap on the meatball menu (three-dot icon) at the top right corner and select Copy link button.
The profile link is now copied to your clipboard. Simply tap and hold to paste it into a text field in any app.
Copying and sharing Threads profile links seems too much work. That’s more suitable when you want to post the link on Reddit or some other forum/group. Maybe you want to paste the link in note-taking or calendar apps that are not visible in the share sheet.
But if you want to share profile links on social media or messaging apps, there is a much simpler way.
Share Your Threads Profile Link
1. Go to Profile tab (person icon) and tap on the Share profile button to bring up the share sheet menu. You can now directly share your Threads’ profile link in a social media or messaging app.
2. In case your favorite app is not visible or you can’t find it despite scrolling sideways, tap on the three-dot icon at the end of the line. Then tap on Edit button.
3. Find the app that you want to share Threads’ profile link in, and tap the +plus icon next to it to add it to the menu. Then select the app and send a message as you normally do. Tap on Done to save changes.
Looking for your Instagram friends on Threads? Since they are owned by the same company, there are multiple ways to find and follow Instagram friends’ profiles on Threads.
Share Someone Else’s Threads Profile Link
1. Go to Search tab at the bottom and use the search bar at the top to find the Threads account that you want to share.
2. Select the meatball menu (three-dot icon) and tap on Share via button.
3. This will open the share sheet again. Now choose an app and find the contact with whom you want to share the Threads profile.
Find Instagram Profile of a Threads Profile
This is super simple. Simply find and open a profile on Threads and you should see the familiar Instagram icon at the top right corner.
This is true for both your profile as well as anyone’s. Threads is tightly integrated with Instagram.
1. How to add Threads profile link to Instagram bio?
First, you need to find the link to the Threads profile that you want to add to Instagram. Use the methods above to do so. Once you have copied the Threads profile link, follow this guide to add that link to Instagram bio.
2. Can you change your Threads profile link?
No. The profile link is created using the Threads profile’s username. If you change your username, the profile link will update automatically to reflect that. So make sure to share the new profile link in case you have updated the username.
Threads is a text-based version of Instagram but there are a lot of similarities between Threads and Twitter. It will be interesting to see how Threads holds its own and how it differs from the already-established Twitter which is mostly used by intellectuals to discuss current affairs and trending topics.
Getting too many notifications from the Threads app? It is easy to pause or silence or even disable notifications on the Threads app.