Since the release of iOS 17, iPhone geeks have been excited to try all the new features of this cutting-edge update. As an iPhone user, I greatly loved the new StandBy Mode since it can turn my iPhone into an always-on smart display. Once the StandBy Mode on iOS 17 is enabled, it will show widgets and other necessary information like time, weather, calendar, photos, etc. As the feature is brand new, many users have difficulty enabling and customizing iOS 17’s Standby Mode. So, here we covered everything about this new feature.
Before you can start customizing StandBy mode on your iPhone, ensure that your Lock Screen is unlocked. This will give you the necessary permissions to make changes and personalize the interface. Once your Lock Screen is unlocked, you can enable StandBy Mode on iOS 17 by turning iPhone in landscape mode on the dock and it will automatically activate the StandBy Mode.
How to Customizing Widgets On StandBy Mode on iOS 17
Widgets are an essential part of StandBy mode, providing you with at-a-glance information and quick access to your favorite apps. Here’s how you can customize widgets:
Adding or Reorganizing Widgets in Smart Stacks
- Tap and hold any widget in widget view to add a new one or reorganize them in Smart Stacks. Smart Stacks intelligently display relevant widgets based on your usage patterns and the time of day.
- To remove a widget, simply tap the minus icon located in the top left corner of the widget. This will remove the widget from your StandBy mode display.
Adding New Widgets
- If you want to add a new widget to your StandBy mode, tap the plus icon in the top left corner of the screen. This will open a list of available widgets that you can choose from. Select the desired widget and it will be added to your display.
- Once you have made the desired changes to your widgets, tap the Done button located in the top right corner of the screen. This will save your changes and update the StandBy mode interface accordingly.
How to Customize the Gallery View In StandBy Mode in IOS 17
The gallery view in StandBy mode allows you to showcase your favorite photos as a slideshow on your iPhone’s display. Here’s how you can customize the gallery:
Entering Gallery View
- Swipe left from the widget view to enter the gallery view. This will display your selected photos in a slideshow format.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the screen in the gallery view to open a menu. From the menu, select the option to choose photos for StandBy mode.
- To add photos, tap the plus icon. This will give you access to your photo library, allowing you to select the photos you want to display in StandBy mode.
- If you wish to remove a photo from StandBy mode, simply tap the minus icon while in the gallery view. This will remove the selected photo from the slideshow.
Customizing StandBy mode in iOS 17 on your iPhone allows you to personalize the always-on smart display according to your preferences. By adding, removing, and organizing widgets, as well as selecting the photos for the gallery view, you can create a unique and tailored experience. Make the most out of StandBy mode and enjoy having essential information and visual content at your fingertips.
Did you try this new StandBy Mode on iOS 17? Which other feature do you love from iOS 17? Share your feedback in the comment box.