Did you know you can change your WhatsApp display name? Most users don’t put much thought into their WhatsApp display name, but you can use it to your advantage. Plus, there could be instances where you want to change your display name. After all, your WhatsApp display name is a key part of your identity on the platform.
Thankfully, changing your WhatsApp display name is a relatively easy process. Follow this guide to learn how.
What is WhatsApp’s Display Name?
Your WhatsApp display name will appear when someone who you are interacting with over the messaging service has not saved your contact into. You enter this name when initially setting up WhatsApp, though it can be customized later on as well.
Remember that changing your WhatsApp display name won’t affect the name with which the other person has saved your contact info. In case you have created a WhatsApp account without your phone number, you can use the display name to spoof another person.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Display Name on Android
Do you want to change your WhatsApp display name from your Android phone? Here are the steps to follow.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the top-right of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on the display picture.
- Underneath that, you will see Name.
- Enter your new display name.
- Select Save.
Once you have changed it, you can always figure out who viewed your WhatsApp Profile.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Display Name on iPhone
If you have an iPhone and want to change your display name, don’t worry! You can do that too.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- On the bottom, choose Settings.
- On the top part of the screen, press the name. It will be beside the picture.
- Enter the new name and tap on Done in the upper right-hand corner.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Display Name From Desktop
Besides its mobile app, you can tweak to your WhatsApp display name from the native desktop app.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your computer.
- Click on the Profile Picture that you will find in the top left-hand corner. You will be directed to the Profile page.
- Click on the Pencil Icon, delete the old one, and change it as you want. That is it!
How To Tweak Your WhatsApp Display Name From the Web App
Similar to WhatsApp on your phone and PC, you can change your WhatsApp display name from the web app.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your browser.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the screen.
- Select Settings
- Click on the display picture.
- Click on the pen icon underneath Your name.
- Enter the new name.
- Select the tick mark to save the new name.
Customize Your WhatsApp Name to Your Advantage
WhatsApp is among the most popular messaging services worldwide. Customization has played a significant role in making the app even more appealing to users. One such underrated but vital feature is the WhatsApp display name. You can set it to promote your business, display information that someone can use to identify you, and so on.
However, various reasons could lead you to change the WhatsApp display name. The process is so easy that you can do it whenever you want with relative ease. Even if you are not tech-savvy, you can change it easily. And in case you are looking to tighten your account’s privacy, follow our detailed guide on how to hide your online status and protect your privacy on WhatsApp.
FAQ on Changing Your WhatsApp Display Name
Your new name is displayed once you make the change. However, this new name will only appear for contacts who have not saved your contact details on their device. If it is saved, that name will also appear in WhatsApp.
No, a blocked person cannot see your display picture on WhatsApp. Additionally, they cannot see your online status, last seen, or any other information on your profile.