What if you want to change the language on your Facebook profile and are unsure how to do this? Are you also wondering whether the process is simple? In this guide, we’ll give you all the answers to your questions.
Here, you’ll find detailed instructions on changing your language and region and managing your translation settings.
How to Change the Default Language on Facebook on Windows, Mac, or Chromebook
Upon creating your Facebook account, your profile will have the same default language as your device. However, if you want to change your language and region settings, you can only do so manually. If you want to use Facebook in a different language, here’s how to do this:
- Open Facebook on a web browser and click your “profile icon” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on “Settings & privacy.”
- Select “Settings.”
- Click on “Language and Region” in the left navigational menu.
- Click the “Edit” button next to the language preference you’d like to update.
Facebook allows you to change more than just your language. Should you want your posts translated into another language and update the automatic translation settings, you can do this while in your profile’s settings.
How to Change Facebook Language on an iPhone
If you have an iOS 12 or older iPhone model (all iPhones older than iPhone 6S), you can change your Facebook language in a few simple steps:
- Open your iPhone’s “Facebook” app and tap the “three vertical lines” in the lower right corner.
- Click on “Settings and Privacy.” Then, tap on “App Language.”
- The iPhone’s Settings will now open. Tap on “Language.”
- Finally, click “Change to (language)” to confirm your new language choice.
Those who already set a language for the Facebook app will be redirected to their phone settings to change the preferred language.
If you still don’t have a language selected, click “Open Phone Settings” and follow a detailed step-by-step process.
How to Change Facebook Language on an Android Phone
If you’re using Facebook to communicate with friends or family in a specific language and you want to change it, here’s how to do so on your Android phone:
- Open the “Facebook app“ and tap the “hamburger” icon in the top-right section.
- Tap on “Settings & privacy.”
- Select “Settings”
- Tap on “Language and region.”
- Choose your language options and adjust them accordingly.
Remember that when you change your language on one device, you’re not changing it on all of them. If you want it activated on your computer or tablet, log in and make the changes there.
Facebook Language FAQs
How to Change Translation Settings on Facebook
You can also change the language of posts and comments you want to translate on Facebook. It’s an uncomplicated process, and all it takes is a few clicks on your computer:
• Tap on your “profile” icon at the top right section of Facebook.
• Open Settings and Privacy and tap on Settings.
• Open Language and Region and click on the language you’d like to have posts translated into.
• Once you’ve selected the language, tap on Save Changes.
How Do You Change the Language On Facebook Back to English?
Most Facebook users use the platform in English, and it might be hard to get used to it when they change the language. If you’re one of them, you’ll need to apply the same process of changing the language from the one you choose back to English. Remember that once you switch it on your phone or tablet, you’ll still have to repeat the process on your computer and other devices.
Understanding Your Facebook Friends Better
Some users must change their language to use Facebook to its full potential. Others prefer it to be in English, while their automatic translation shows them what others discuss. Either way, it’s a massive platform that allows you to optimize your language settings to fit your needs.
Now that you know how to change the language and automatic translation, you’ll communicate more successfully with other members and create new relationships. Are you using Facebook in another language? Do you like to use social media apps using different languages?