If you find your Instagram Reel could use clever words to enhance it but don’t know how to do it, you’ve come to the right place. This article will teach you how to add plain and disappearing text and edit the timing of your Reel text to take it to another level. You can do it whether you’re using an Android or iPhone.
Follow the steps, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming an Instagram master!
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels from an iPhone
Before adding text, we’ll assume you have a video ready to edit. If not, you should create one and add it to your Instagram Reel; here’s how you do it:
- Click the “Your Story” icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- In the menu that appears, select “Reel.”
- Record a new video or add one from your library by pressing the “image thumbnail” icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click “Preview” to proceed to the editing screen.
- To add text, click the “Aa” button in the upper right corner of your screen. A blinking vertical line will appear in the middle of your screen, where you can begin typing.
- Write the text and adjust the style by tapping the “editing” icons at the top of the screen.
- Click “Done” to end typing.
- Position the text by dragging it with your finger. You can change its size using both your fingers.
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels from an Android Device
Fortunately, the Android version of Instagram has the same Reels functionality as the iOS version. The design is the same, so follow the steps below to add text and make your perfect Reel on Android:
- Make sure you have a video ready, or create a new one. To start a new Reel, click the “Your Story” icon in the top left corner and select “Reel” from the menu.
- Make a new video by pressing and holding the Record button, or add an existing video by clicking the icon in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- When you’re done, click “Preview” to proceed to the editing screen.
- Click the “Aa” button (top right corner) to add text or tap anywhere on the screen.
- A horizontal line will appear, indicating the app is ready for typing. Type the text you want on your Instagram Reel.
- Edit the style (or font and color) by tapping the “editing” icons at the top of the screen.
- Click “Done” when you’re ready.
- Move the text to where you want it by dragging it with your finger. You can also expand or tilt it using both your fingers.
Using the above processes, you can join your friends on Instagram with a cool video showing your new text editing skills. You should be able to have single and multiple text entries on your Instagram Reel. We also hope it helped you edit your text so it shows up at different points during the video or disappears precisely when you want.
Adding Text to Instagram Reels FAQs
How Do I Add Multiple Lines of Text to Instagram Reels?
This one is easy.
1. Tap the “screen” again after you’ve finished your first entry, or click the “Aa” text icon again.
How Do I Make Text Appear on Instagram Reels at Different Times?
After you’ve finished the procedure we described above, follow these steps to adjust the time the text appears on your Instagram Reel:
1. Tap on the box showing your text at the bottom of the screen. A movie reel will show up at the bottom.
2. Move the edges of the reel to pick the point in the video you want the text to appear.
· If you have multiple text boxes, do each one separately. When finished with the first one, tap the “Next” box to adjust when the second text shows up.
3. Tap “Done” to preview your results.
How Do I Add Disappearing Text on Instagram Reels?
If you want your text to disappear, the process is simple:
1. After entering and styling your text, click “Done.”
2. Tap on the box with the text you entered at the bottom of the screen. The movie reel will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. If you want your text to appear at the beginning of the video, then fade, drag the right edge of the movie reel closer to the left edge with your finger. Move it to the point you want the text to show up on the video.
4. Tap “Done” when you’re finished to preview your work.