If you’re the kind of person who struggles to pick just one photo of a particular day or event to share on Instagram, you’ll love Instagram’s carousel feature. Introduced in early 2017, the feature allows you to add multiple photos or videos to just one post.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to post multiple photos or videos on Instagram.
How to Add Multiple Photos or Videos to Instagram Posts
To add multiple photos or videos to a regular Instagram post, do the following:
- Tap the Plus (+) button to create a new post. In case you haven’t granted Instagram access to your photos, do so. Next, tap the Select Multiple (two squares) button next to the camera icon.
- Scroll through your camera roll and tap up to 10 photos or videos to add to your post. They will appear in your post in the order in which they were selected.
- Tap Next.
- At this point, if you’re not happy with the order in which the images appear, you can tap and hold the image you want to move and drag it to a new spot in the lineup. If you want to remove an image, drag it to the bottom of the screen, where a trash can icon will appear. On Android, drag the image to the bottom and tap the trash icon at the top.
- If you apply an Instagram filter, the filter will be applied to all images. If you want to use different filters for each image, you’ll have to tap on an individual image and make a new selection.
- Once you’re done, tap Next. The rest of the process is identical to sharing a single image or video: fill in your caption and tap Share.
The final product is a carousel or slideshow of images that allows you to share a series of photos that tell a story or allows you to show your work from multiple angles. When posted, the first photo you selected will appear in your followers’ feeds. They can then swipe through the multiple images to see everything you’ve posted.
Using this method is great if you want to share a lot of detail in each image. It’s also a great way for artists to demonstrate the process. For example, you could post a photo of your final product, along with a short video demonstrating how you made it.
Photographers can use it to show behind-the-scenes images. It’s also a great way to share your Instagram photo dump. If you’re unhappy with one of the images, you can also delete a single image from an Instagram carousel on iOS.
If you prefer to grab people’s attention instantly, you can create a collage of multiple images using Instagram’s Layout app or any other similar app of your choice. And you can get your Instagram posts ready and schedule them for later.
Share Multiple Instagram Photos or Videos in One Post
If you need to share related pictures or videos on Instagram, there’s no need to clutter your feed. Instagram provides a way to share multiple images or videos in one single post.
You can share up to 10 images or videos, which should be enough to share the behind-the-scenes process of doing something, or multiple images from your recent vacation at different spots.