By now you must have heard so much about iOS 17 and its features. I mean its everywhere. With iOS 17 also we will be getting a fresh set of features and new updates, including a feature called stand by mode. I know most of you must have heard about this feature, but do you know how to actually activate and use it? let me show you how to activate standby in iOS 17 compatible devices. Let’s get started!
What is Standby iOS 17?
Standby mode is a new feature that has been introduced with the upcoming iOS 17 software update. It lets you transform your iPhone into a full screen smart display when you have put your device in charging mode and have placed it horizontally. It makes your iPhone useful even when it is not in use.
When your iPhone is in standby mode it will show time, date, weather, upcoming appointment, other customizable stuff in the form of widgets etc. You can personalize the StandBy mode by choosing from a range of clock styles, favourite photos, or widgets, including Smart Stacks that surface the right widgets at the right time.
How to activate Standby iOS 17?
To activate Standby mode on an iPhone running iOS 17, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS 17 compatible device.
- Go to the Battery section.
- Scroll down to the Standby Mode option and tap on it.
- Toggle the switch to enable Standby mode.
- Connect your iPhone to a MagSafe charger.
- Position your iPhone in landscape orientation on the charger.
- Standby mode will be activated automatically.
Note that Standby mode is enabled by default on iPhones running iOS 17 and newer versions.
Can you customize StandBy in iOS 17?
Once you’re in the StandBy settings section, you’ll find several toggles and options that allow you to customize your Standby mode experience. Let’s take a closer look at each of these settings:
- StandBy Toggle: The first toggle enables or disables Standby mode on your iPhone. By default, it’s turned on, ensuring that you can start using Standby mode right away.
- Always On Toggle: The Always On toggle, when enabled, uses machine learning to turn off your iPhone’s display when it’s not in use. This helps conserve battery life and ensures the display is only active when you need it.
- Night Mode Section: The Night Mode section allows you to deploy a red version of the interface when the room lighting is low. This helps prevent Standby mode from being too bright and disturbing your sleep at night.
How to customize StandBy in iOS 17?
- Longpress on any of the widgets on display to enter edit mode.
- Scroll down to see what widgets are already enabled, or tap the plus sign in the upper left corner to add more.
- To remove a widget, tap the minus sign next to it.
- To rearrange the widgets, tap and hold on a widget, then drag it to a new location.
- If you swipe up or down on either of the widgets, you can access more. For example, swiping down on the clock widget, you can choose different clock designs, swiping down on the weather widget, you can access other widgets like Reminders and Calendar.
Currently, Standby mode only supports Apple widgets like battery life, the Home app, App Store, Apple Music, Apple News, stocks, and the Sleep app. However, Standby mode will support third-party widgets when iOS 17 is officially launched.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.