The battery drain problem in iOS 16.4 has become a prevalent concern among iPhone users who have updated to the latest version from Apple. Numerous users with iPhone models ranging from 14 to SE have reported experiencing rapid battery depletion after installing iOS 16.4. While the update introduces exciting additions like new emojis and Apple Pay Later, it has unfortunately caused inconvenience for many users due to this battery issue. However, there are some effective methods available to enhance battery life on iOS 16.4. In this article, we have gathered these solutions and will explore each one in detail. By implementing these suggestions, you can potentially address the battery drain problem and improve the overall performance of your iPhone running iOS 16.4.
13 Ways To Fix IOS 16.4 Battery Drain Issue & Improve It
- Turn off Location Services: Location Services is an important feature on iPhones that allows you to use various apps that rely on your device’s location. However, this feature can also consume a lot of battery life. If you are experiencing battery drain, try turning off Location Services or only use it when necessary.
- Remove unnecessary widgets from the Home Screen: Widgets can be a useful tool to quickly access information, but having too many can also drain your battery. Consider removing any unnecessary widgets from your Home Screen to help save battery life.
- Use dark mode: Dark mode can significantly reduce battery consumption on devices with OLED displays. If your iPhone has an OLED display, consider switching to dark mode to help save battery life.
- Disable Background App Refresh: Background App Refresh is a feature that allows apps to refresh their content in the background, even when they are not in use. However, this feature can also consume a lot of battery life. Try disabling Background App Refresh for some or all apps to help save battery life.
- Turn on auto-brightness: Auto-brightness adjusts the brightness of your screen based on ambient lighting conditions, which can help save battery life. Make sure this feature is turned on in your device settings.
- Quit unnecessary apps: Even when you are not actively using an app, it may still be running in the background and consuming battery life. Make sure to quit any unnecessary apps to help save battery life.
- Restart your iPhone regularly: Restarting your iPhone can help fix any issues that may be causing battery drain. Try restarting your device regularly to help improve battery life.
- Place your iPhone face down: Placing your iPhone face down can help save battery life by preventing the screen from turning on unnecessarily.
- Disable automatic downloads and app updates: Automatic downloads and app updates can consume a lot of battery life, especially if you have a lot of apps installed. Try disabling automatic downloads and app updates to help save battery life.
- Enable Optimized Battery Charging: Optimized Battery Charging is a feature that helps extend the lifespan of your iPhone’s battery by reducing the amount of time it spends fully charged.
- Turn on Low Power Mode: Low Power Mode is a feature that reduces the amount of power your iPhone uses by disabling certain features and reducing performance.
- Update iOS version on iPhone: Apple often releases updates to iOS that include bug fixes and performance improvements. Updating to the latest version of iOS can help improve battery life and overall performance of your iPhone.
- Avoid Recording Videos: To help conserve your iPhone’s battery life, it’s recommended to avoid recording videos for extended periods of time. Video recording can be a significant drain on your phone’s battery, so it’s best to limit your video recording sessions if you want your battery to last longer.
If you have encountered battery drain problems following the update to iOS 16.4, there are 13 methods you can consider to enhance your iPhone’s battery life. Furthermore, if you have discovered any other effective techniques, we encourage you to share them in the comment section below.